July 17, 2011

Seriously Silly

I have a confession to make.....

I am not a naturally silly person. There I said it, I'm glad that's out there. After all everyone knows that youth pastors ought to be silly.

That being said today at Tidal Impact I watched people be silly, funny, and otherwise zaney for God.

And it was wonderful.

Somewhere along the line many of us seemed to have forgotten that just because something is important, it doesn't mean that it has to be serious.

This week is about loving God and serving others. But I think it is also about remembering to do both with a smile on our face.

Today as we praised God and as we played we helped to remove the myth that faith in God has to be dull. Today we showcased the joy of the Lord for all to see.

Tomorrow we get to take that same joy and turn it in to service. Please pray for us as we minister to kids, and as we clean up a park.

And pray that we do it all with smiles on our faces.