July 16, 2011

On The Road

The last few days of have been filled with anticipation, and sorting out last minute details. Slowly blanks have been filled in and plans have firmed up. This week is Tidal Impact, Canada's largest short term mission's week.

I am excited, and a little nervous. This week is a mix of the familiar and the unfamiliar. Our team is new, and this combination of people has not worked together before. Yet I have worked with each person and am confidant in their abilities. Our partners are more laissez faire than I typically am, so it is hard to say if the last minutes details we firmed up were the true last minute details. Yet I know everyone has been working diligently to get ready for today.


Like I said I am filled with anticipation. I am excited to see what God has in store for us. We are running a kids program, doing community services ministries, ministering to seniors, running a massive food drive, being charged up with rallies and centered with spiritual disciplines.

The week is poised to be one of breath taking growth and changes, both for our leaders and our youth. This week I hope to chronicle some of what God is doing each day. If you have a chance please consider tuning in to hear a little of God's work each day. However more importantly I ask that you consider joining your prayers with the thousands of others who are praying for this week.

Pray for safety while traveling, an enjoyable trip, and of course pray that all 1000+ youth that participate, their leaders, and the communities they are ministering in all experience something of God which changes their lives for the better because of it.

Pray for us this week! July 16th-23rd