October 14, 2010

A Strange Conversation

I already posted my Thursday blog but I just had a conversation too odd to wait and too long for a status update so I had to make another.

While I was working at Starbucks a woman stopped and noticed I was reading a book titled 'The Reason for God'. She talked briefly to me about how great it was that I was reading a book titled as such and what the Lord was putting on her heart. Apparently God has been putting on her heart to do outreach and teach. We exchanged a few more pleasantries and I went back to work and she sat elsewhere to enjoy her coffee.


I assumed we talked all we were going to. I was wrong.

As I started to pack up to go home she approached me again. This time she wanted to tell me something she thought was interesting. As it turns out today is Jesus actual birthday. I did my best to hide my feelings of annoyance, which must been successful since she continued on telling her story.

She let me know two years ago she was deeply concerned about not knowing the true date of Christmas. She prayed about it for some time and finally one day God woke her from her sleep to let her know that today as in fact Jesus birthday. God confirmed this in two ways. First she was given a vision of a fruit tray in her mind, to complement the cake she decided to buy and second someone called her up to go to the beach (which she hadn't been too all summer and really wanted to go). She ended her story by saying, people have always wondered when it was isn't it neat that we now know.

You know seminary prepared me for a lot, but not for things like this. I never know how to respond to things that just seem crazy. I ended up saying, "Yes isn't that interesting".

So let me be the first one to say 'Merry Christmas' to you. You should celebrate today with a fruit tray and trip the the beach.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. ... there's a lot I could say, but I can summarize it all with: LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was one of the oddest conversations I have ever had.

    ReplyDelete